Who & Where Are We?
PC-Magic is small, independent computer and technical support and repair business based in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, in the north-west of England.
What Do We Do?
Although only established in 2010, we have actually been working in the IT industry in a variety of technical roles and environments for 20 years, and have lots of know-how and experience with all things 'techie'! This includes (but is not limited to):
- Laptop/desktop/tablet PCs, servers & network storage devices
- Microsoft Windows and the huge amount of available software
- Maintaining and servicing computers in very different environments, ranging from large, corporate networks to single home PCs
- Conversion between multimedia formats - CD, DVD, Video, iPod, MP3, AVI, vinyl, cassette, photo/negative/slide scanning....
- Computer networks: wired/wireless , hubs, switches, routers, firewalls
- Home/office multimedia streaming (avi, mp3 etc) and digitial/online TV
- Games consoles
- Handheld devices such as mobile phones, sat nav systems, blackberries...
- Digital cameras, camcorders and digital photography
- Hardware 'peripherals': printers, webcams, USB hubs...
- So you get the picture - we can turn our hand to 'almost' anything!
Who Do We Help?
We provide computer support lots of different types of people: home users (kids, house...um...spouses, pensioners), small local businesses, home-office workers, shops, and even charities all over the Furness peninsula. It doesn't matter if you're a complete novice or you know your way round a computer quite happily - we help hundreds of people from all walks of life - so don't be daunted - we don't bite!
OK, Anything Else I Should Know?
We offer a discretionary door-to-door collection and delivery service in order to try and minimise inconvenience to you and your busy lifestyle. Depending on the nature of the problem, we'll most likely whisk your PC away to our premises for repair (average problem is fixed within a week - some within a couple of hours). Callout and diagnosis are free, subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.
We’re not affiliated to a particular organisation so can offer independent technical advice if you’re considering the purchase of a new computer or other technology. We can save you £££ and ensure you get the right product for you - no pressure selling here.
No job is too small and no question too silly, and we will try our very best not to baffle you with scary technical blurb, and work at a level and rate to suit you. So why bother calling anyone else?